What is Dietary Fiber?
Fiber is found in plants. You consume dietary fiber. This includes parts of the plants your body cannot digest and passes through your body intact.
- Dissolves in water to form a gel-like material.
- It can help lower cholesterol and glucose levels.
- Found in oats, peas, beans, apples, citrus fruits, carrots, barley, and psyllium.
- It doesn’t dissolve in water.
- Promotes material movement through the digestive system.
- Increase stool bulk.
- Found in whole-wheat flour, wheat bran, nuts, beans, cauliflower, green beans, and potatoes.
How Beneficial is it?
- It can slow the absorption of sugar thus improving blood sugar levels.
- High-fiber foods are more filling and aids in maintaining a healthy weight.
- Increases longevity by reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer.
- Fruits and vegetables.
- Beans, peas, and other legumes.
- Nuts and seeds.
If you’d like to download a copy of this word search, click here.
If you’d like to download a copy of the crossword puzzle, click here.