What Does Personality Mean?
Personality refers to the particular characteristics of a person, such as how they act around others and what they may think about others.
What is Personality Disorder?
It’s when a person’s thoughts or behavior deviates from what is considered normal behavior.
Three Different Categories of Behaviors Broken Down into Clusters:
A: Odd or Eccentric
- Schizoid, Paranoid, and Schizotypal
B: Dramatic, Emotional, or Erratic
- Antisocial, Borderline, and Narcissistic
C: Anxious Fearful
- Avoidant, Dependent, Anankastic (Obsessive-Compulsive)
10 Types of Personality Disorders
1. Anankastic Personality Disorder
- Also known as Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD).
- Excessive orderliness and perfection.
- Difficulty in discarding things.
2. Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Disregard for and violation of others’ rights.
- Failure to conform to social norms.
3. Avoidant Personality Disorder
- Heightened social inhibition.
- Feelings of inadequacy and hypersensitivity.
4. Borderline Personality Disorder
- Instability in interpersonal relationships.
- Concerned that people don’t like them.
- Antagonistic and antisocial.
- May injure themselves.
5. Dependent Personality Disorder
- Excessive neediness.
- Fear of separation.
6. Histrionic Personality Disorder
- A heightened sense of dramatization.
- Inappropriate sexual behavior.
7. Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- An exaggerated sense of self.
- Obsessed with power and success.
- Sees others as inferior.
8. Paranoid Personality Disorder
- Distrustful and suspicious of others.
- Misreads innocent remarks.
9. Schizoid Personality Disorder
- Detached from social relationships.
- Chooses solitary activities.
- Emotionally restricted.
10. Schizotypal Personality Disorder
- Difficulty with relationships.
- Excessive social anxiety.
To learn more about personality disorders, click here.
If you’d like to download a copy of this word search, click here.
If you’d like to download a copy of the crossword puzzle, click here.